The Windham Woman's Club was formed in 1911 by a group of women led by Julia Baker. One year later the club became a member of the Federation of New Hampshire Women's Clubs. When the club was first organized, it served as a social club, and frequently sponsored automobile outings; Baker was one of the first Windham residents to own a car. Other events organized by the group included strawberry festivals, as well as other community events. The members of the club also routinely visited other clubs, and also invited the members of other clubs to visit. As there were relatively few women's clubs in the area at the time, the newly formed organization did not have difficulty finding new members. During the early years of the club, women from Salem even joined as there was no Salem counterpart to the Windham Woman's Club. For the first several years the meetings were held in the homes of members, but eventually the size of the organization outgrew such spaces. The town hall was selected as an ideal place for meetings.
The club expanded its community services as decades passed, supporting Girl Scout projects, as well as donating time and money to a dental health program for local schools. Although other similar groups sprung up locally, membership was steady, and there were about 40 members as of 1975.
Derek Saffie is an avid Windham historian who enjoys researching and sharing his collection with all those interested in the history of the New England town.